as promised, here's the recipe for apple raisin bran bread..it's yummy--especially with cream cheese spread liberally on it
Apple Bran Bread
makes 4 loavesI've done this in my bread machine, but divided ing.
by 4 when doing so.
2 cups raisin bran cereal1/2 cup sugar2 Tbs. melted butter1 1/2 cups sweetened applesauce1 1/2 cups boiling water1 env. dry yeast [I use 1 TBS bulk yeast]1/3 cup lukewarm waterapx. 8 cups sifted flour
1. combine the first 5 ingredients in a large bowl.
2. pour the boiling water over, mix and let stand
3. Soften yeast in lukewarm water, and add to mixture
in bowl once it has cooled to lukewarm temp.
4. Add flour to make a smooth dough that can be
kneaded. Knead and leave in bowl, covered, to rise
until doubled. Punch down and let rise again.
5. shape into 4 loaves and place in greased pans.
6. let rise til doubled.
7. Bake in a 350 F. oven for apx. 50 min or until
done. Remove from pans and let cool thoroughly on
wire racks before slicing.