Saturday, May 9, 2009

yummmmy


on the table, cooling, is one of our favorite deserts! Banana pudding. It's sort of like a banana cream pie, but larger--first, I crushed one of the 3 inner pkgs in a box of graham crackers, added about 2 T. each sugar and soft butter and blended and smooshed it and spread it to cover the bottom of a glass cake pan. Then I cooked up the following:


1/3 cup corn starch

2/3 cup sugar

2 eggs

1/4 cup milk


Mix thoroughly, and add 1 qt. milk to it and cook over medium heat, stirring, until it thickens and comes to a boil Then add 1 T. vanilla extract and stir.


While the pudding is heating, slice 4 or 5 bananas and arrange them over the graham cracker crust.


Once the pudding is done, pour it over the bananas. Then I like to take a handfull of shredded coconut and scatter it over the pudding. Today, I allso scattered a smallish handfull of chocolate sprinkles over that..it's now sitting next to me, drawing me like a magnet...

can you smell it???

2 comments:

  1. Mmmm, it looks delicious! Kind of reminds me of my Mammaw's banana pudding. Too bad I can't eat eggs, though. You're making my mouth water.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, dear! I so love custardy puddings. I wonder how it'd go with plain vanilla cornstarch puddding sans the eggs. I omit eggs in my chocolate puddings, as I figure the cocoa makes them rich enough

    ReplyDelete